Resurrection Sunday.
My little family and I had the best Easter. The weather was dreary and rainy, but that did not dampen our spirits. The kids got some goodies in their baskets when they woke up Sunday morning.
My little family and I had the best Easter. The weather was dreary and rainy, but that did not dampen our spirits. The kids got some goodies in their baskets when they woke up Sunday morning.
I snapped a photo of my tribe while waiting for the service to start. Tanner despises taking pictures. I keep waiting for this phase to pass. It's been a while now.
That boy!
After the service we headed to my mother in laws house for Easter lunch. And lots and lots of pictures. Tanner cooperated nicely and his sister and I were practically giddy over it.
It took quite a while to get a good one of the grandkids with Nana and Paw Paw. But these kids do not disappoint. Just look at those sweet smiles!
We really did have a wonderful Easter. We got great pictures to share on Instagram and Facebook. We ate a delicious meal. But lets take a moment for some Real Talk as my teenager calls it.
Real Talk:
Real Talk:
I woke up extra early on this Sunday morning to spend some time in prayer. I am just so thankful for the life the Lord has blessed me with, and this year Easter really hit home for me. I just can't believe the sacrifice that Jesus made for me. For me!?! Anyway, I also wanted to be showered and ready before I woke the kids. I also needed to cook what I was planning to take for Easter lunch. When I was in the shower I noticed that the water pressure went down a little, and thought one of the kids had gotten up early and started a shower as well. So, I finished my shower and started getting my contacts in, getting dressed, etc. That's when Gracyn came into my bathroom to tell me that the toilet in their bathroom overflowed and water was everywhere. I told her to just grab a towel and wipe the water up, and I headed in to help her. When I walked into the living room, I came completely unglued. I LOST it. When she said water was everywhere, she meant water was EVERYWHERE. The water was covering the bathroom, the hallway, and Gracyn's entire bedroom floor. And it was moving into the living room. I am not at all proud of the way I handled myself. (I mean, I am in a small group studying the Lisa Terkeurst book Unglued for these exact moments.) We really did not have time for this type of disaster on my beautiful Easter morning. Needless to say, I did a lot of yelling and fussing, and so did Bobby. We were both so angry. It was no ones fault, but we were just angry and acting like crazy people. We obviously need new floors now. The reason I am sharing all of this is because I really do feel like this was a direct attack on my family from the enemy. He really knows how to get us. But I am grateful that I could recognize this disaster for what it was, and refuse to let it ruin my day. Refuse to let it keep me from going to church and worshiping and honoring God on such a special day. Refusing to let him come into my family and steal our joy.
On a brighter note, this was the first Easter service in our new building. It was a great Easter service. Not counting the 4:30 service, the total attendance for Easter at Church of the Highlands Tuscaloosa was 7,120. That is amazing!! God is really moving in our church and in our city, and I feel blessed to be a part of it.
2 comments:
Such a beautiful family. Thank you for sharing your real talk moment. Ronnie and I have said numerous times that there is serious spiritual warfare on Sunday's in our home. Glad to know it isn't just us! :)
No kidding girl! Sunday mornings aren't easy.
Post a Comment