Call me a sucker if you want (my husband does), but I L-O-V-E Valentines Day! I do agree that you should love on the special people in your life EVERY day of the year, but I don't want to miss an opportunity for giving cute gifts to my loves. And who doesn't love flowers and candy every now and then?
I am starting this post out a few days before Valentines Day. On Wednesday it snowed again. My kids have seen more snow in the past few weeks than they have seen in their entire lives. Gracyn and I got in the car to go to our small groups, and it was snowing so hard I could barely see. We were afraid and turned around and headed back home. Luckily the roads did not get bad though and besides a two hour school delay on Thursday, we jumped back into our normal schedule. And even luckier. . .they postponed the actual study in my small group until next Wednesday. This is the second weather delay for our class!! I am thankful I did not miss anything though.
This year I got the cutest mail boxes at Target in the dollar section. You probably recognize this from my daily Instagram photo post. We have used these little mail boxes throughout the month to leave sweet notes and goodies for each other.
On Thursday night I "heart attacked" the kids bedroom doors. Tanner got a kick out of some of the things that I love about him.
This year Gracyn printed a cute tag from Pinterest and went with the crafty Valentine for her classmates. "I have a Crush on you". Orange Crush seems to be in high demand. They were all sold out at Wal-Mart the first time I went to buy it. She also chose an inspiration Valentine box from Pinterest and created her own version. Of course it was a Unicorn. She did a fantastic job!
Here she is headed into school with her giant Unicorn on Friday morning.
I was in charge of sweet treats and balloons for the kids. I like to have their treats waiting for them on Valentines morning when they wake up for school.
Bobby is always in charge of getting flowers for Gracyn. He got us both a little bouquet of flowers and he got me some yummy candy too. I don't have a picture, but he got his favorite (Peanut M&M's) and a handwritten love note. However, he keeps saying that he "didn't get anything". So I'll remember to go big next time around for my precious husband.
This year Bobby surprised me and also added heart shaped Krispy Kreme doughnuts to the list. A dozen for Tanner and a dozen for Gracyn. They were thrilled. We all love Krispy Kreme.
I guess the next holiday is St. Patrick's Day. AKA GRACYN'S 10TH BIRTHDAY!!
We are in full planning mode now!
XoXo,
Tina








1 comment:
Looks like a fun Valentine's day! I love your background too!
Post a Comment