Monday, December 2, 2013

Iron Bowl {Weekend Recap}

We had a really good Thanksgiving weekend.  It was nice, long, and relaxing.  Friday afternoon Gracyn went to see Frozen with her baby cousin, and Aunt Carrie, and afterwards went to spend the night with her Nana.  The boys had planned ahead of time to go to the hunting club and stay the night.  This left me all alone on a Friday night.  I really do not enjoy being home alone overnight, but I managed.  I got a lot of cleaning and Christmas decorating done while they were all away.



We enjoyed a lengthy game of Go Fish one night over the weekend.  The pictures from that night are not the best IPhone pictures I've ever taken.  But I have to share them because Tanner looks like such a teenager in this picture.  I can't believe how much he has changed in the past year.  Even his fashion choices are changing. (For the better!!)  He looked so handsome for church on Sunday morning.  And he kept telling me, "I'm looking fresh."  That boy is a mess!

Saturday afternoon the boys came home to watch the Iron Bowl.  Luckily I'm pretty neutral when it comes to college football {Roll Tide}.  However, most of you know that Bobby is a crazy Auburn fan.  The Auburn fan requested our go to game day snack, Buffalo Chicken dip. I put on my best pj's and settled in with a plate of dip to watch the game.
I think everyone agrees that this game was THE BEST GAME EVER.  It was close the whole time and kept me on the edge of my seat.  It was quite stressful to watch.  Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that Auburn won during the final second of the game.  I did not expect that to happen!

That victory made for one very pleased Auburn Tiger at my house.

Sunday morning we woke up to a house visitor.  That's right, it was the first day of December and Skipper made his first appearance.  Gracyn has been looking for him every morning for weeks now.  It seems like these elves arrive earlier each year.  Skipper is pretty consistent and I am thankful for that.  Like me, he is rarely early.

We are looking forward to sharing our home with him for the next month.

**Hugs**





1 comment:

Cindi said...

Awww what a great weekend! Jake and Parker's grands took them to see Frozen on Friday while Jim and I shopped, and I heard it was "awesome!". ;) Our little elf Oscar is back in our house, too, and I swear I think I love it more than Jake does. Ahhh...the magic of this season. Love it!