Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happenings. . .

We have had so many things going on in the past few weeks.  We just finished up the baseball tournament last Friday night.  And tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!  This school year has passed by crazy fast.  I can't believe I have a seventh, and third grader.  Where does the time go?

At the end of April, babyG went on a field trip to the Atlanta aquarium along with her dad and the rest of the second grade class.  They left at 5:45am and returned around 7:30pm.  She really enjoyed the day.  They tell me the Dolphin show was the best part of the whole trip.

Exactly one week later, Big10 had his Sixth grade field trip to Atlanta.  They also toured the Georgia Aquarium & LOVED the Dolphin show.

The sixth graders also toured the Coca-Cola factory, ate out at The Hard Rock Cafe, enjoyed the Medieval Times dinner show, and had a behind the scenes tour of CNN.  They spent the night one night.  They packed as much activity into two days as they possibly could.

The weekend before last, we made a quick trip to the beach.  The hubby and I took Friday off, and we hit the road.  We stayed for the weekend, returning home late Sunday night.  It was cloudy, the weather forecast was bleak, but the rain stayed away the entire weekend.  We had a great time!

Sunday the sun was shining beautifully.  The boys did A TON of fishing, and my little mermaid played in the water the entire weekend.

Last weekend we had fun visiting with our friends, the bubs.  We had no idea that they would be in town visiting family.  But it was such a sweet surprise.  We actually spent Saturday afternoon planning a last minute Memorial Day trip to go down to their neck of the woods and visit some more.  I am looking forward to spending more time with those sweet boys, and the tiny princess.
 {Iphone}
Like I said, tomorrow is the last day of school.  Today was the second grade awards day for babyG.  I was not able to take off work, but her dad made an appearance at the event.  I had just enough time to snap a picture of her this morning before we headed out the door.  She "sock curled" her hair last night, and looked SO pretty!
{Iphone}
I am looking forward to a few down weeks this Summer.  No baseball for now, gymnastics is done, and most importantly. . .NO SCHOOL MORNINGS.

Happy Summer Vacation to you all!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Holding Am w/ one arm - hard to type! Can't wait to see y'all again!

Cindi said...

Love this, Tina! And I completely agree...that dolphin show is pretty awesome!