Last weekend was the beginning of the Spring baseball season for us. The season always kicks off with a Saturday jamboree.
This year Big10's team is the Brewers. The teams are a mix of 11 and 12 year old young men. I say young men, because some of these kids are my size!
And, sadly this is our last year of little league. I am trying to enjoy the chaos as much as I can. After this I'm sure we will be moving into some kind, or many kinds of sports related activities in school.
Saturday each boy played a few different positions.
Big10 played catcher for a couple of innings. (My favorite position!)
He also played short and second base.
And he pitched a series of really good pitches to close up an inning that was getting us down.
I seriously love nothing more than seeing this kid on the baseball field. The pure joy that he gets from the sport just makes my heart smile. He is extremely competitive, but he still manages to have fun too. I hope this season will be a good one for him!
After looking through some pictures on the computer, I realize that I MUST do a post of baseball pictures over the past few years. This boy is growing like nobodys business. I think you all would enjoy seeing the growth over the years as much as me. So keep an eye out for that post in the near future.
1 comment:
These are great pics! I love the first one... it's a framer. ;) My word, he looks so tiny in the catching gear and he's not a small kid! What are they feeding those boys?! My 11yo nephew, Joe, is taller than me. LOL.
Post a Comment