St. Patrick's day was never a huge deal to me until. . . .
this little Princess joined us on Wednesday, March 17, 2004.
We have all realized it is pretty fun to have a holiday birthday. You are never left without a theme. We have not had her real party with friends yet due to Spring Break. But we celebrated amongst ourselves Saturday morning.
We ate breakfast and she opened her gifts from us. The big gift this year was a new bicycle that she picked out Friday night. But somehow, this Balance Bird ended up as the favorite.
It is pretty cool. It will balance on ANYTHING!!
After breakfast we headed out to the ball park for Big10's Jamboree game. And I am here to tell you it was steaming hot!! I need a tan and ready for shorts fast.
Saturday night, Nana and baby cousin came over to celebrate some more. We grilled out, had birthday cake, and opened MORE presents.
This girl is LOVED by so many.
Later on Saturday night babyG received one more unexpected gift. A severe allergic reaction. We were up all night with her, as more and more hives appeared. Sunday morning she was covered from head to toe. We made a trip to the doctor to confirm that yes, it was an allergic reaction. To what, I'm not sure. She received a steroid shot and prescriptions to help treat the symptoms. Now we are just waiting on all the spots to go away. And I am praying that it NEVER happens again. One thing is for sure, we will never forget her eighth birthday!!
3 comments:
That sucks about the hives! I really hope is wasn't due to that yummy looking cake. Happy birthday BabyG!!!
Hush. Your. Mouth. She isn't 8!!!! LOL. ;) Beautiful, beautiful princes.
Man, I wonder what she is allergic to???! Glad she's OK.
So sweet!! I love how excited she is over the doll! :)
Post a Comment