Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas Magic. . .

We have been busy getting prepared for Christmas around these parts.  We finally completed all the decorating yesterday.  We even got the outdoor lights hung.

Saturday was a beautiful day to get out and take pictures, and I was able to get Big10's Christmas card photos done.  FINALLY!!  He did not enjoy it at all, but we ended up with some really good pictures anyway.  Saturday night I picked out my Christmas card design and got them ordered.  I cannot wait to get them mailed out to all our friends and family.

In the middle of all the Christmas festivities, we have also started basketball practice in full force.  Big10 has a practice game tomorrow, and will have his first pre-season game Friday night.  I can hardly wait to see how they do.

And last but not least. . .we have a house guest. 
 Skipper this mischievous elf showed up a few days after Thanksgiving.  He has been causing havoc ever since.
 One morning we woke up to find our newly decorated tree.  During the night he got underwear from the kids rooms and displayed it for all to see.
 Most recently he was found cruising the linoleum with his gal pal Barbie.
He is a mess, and babyG just can't get enough of him.  She can't wait to get up each morning to see where he is hiding, and if he got into anything overnight.  She even wakes up happily on school mornings.

I love this time of year.  We have so much fun stuff going on around home.  But we have also learned how to take the stress out of the season.  We don't stress about gifts and such the way we used to.  Sometimes with the kids we do, but for the most part we have got it all figured out.  That only took 16 years!!

I hope you all are having a great Christmas season, and that you are as thankful as I am for the real reason of the season.  Don't lose the one who matters most during this time of year, or anytime for that matter!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ohmygoodness - those are hilarious pictures... you've just given me some great ideas for our Scout! Awesome!

He & Me + 3 said...

Cracking up at all the Elf on the shelf guys running around. loving the snow angels in the flour. LOL Funny stuff. Sounds like fun around your house.