Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Project Inspiration

It's that time of year again.  The time of year that I get crazy crafty.  I tend to think that I am much more capable of being creative than I actually am. 

But then Pinterest came into my life.  I love it because it is the perfect place to find ideas, and the instructions on how to recreate those wonderful ideas for yourself.  Right now I have a little list going of what I'm going to try my hand at recreating!

Such as this pretty Burlap table runner.  I've had my sewing machine out and actually wanted to work on this project this weekend.  When I went to buy the fabric, they were sold out.  I guess everyone is crafting this weekend!
Pinned Image


Also, I love these adorable memo boards.  I have the frame that just needs to be painted, and I need the chicken wire.  (And staples for my brand new staple gun that has not even been opened!)
It's amazing what a little paint and chicken wire can do!!!
Via Pinterest

Isn't this adorable?  I can start using this instead of the inside of my closet.  We actually just started marking the kids growth about a year ago.  I wish I had been doing it all along.  It is amazing how fast they grow up.
For marking children heights. No Need to worry if you move. 
I so have to make this!!

And these lovely (knock-off) Ballard shelves.  After reading the tutorial on these, it doesn't seem that hard at all.  I'd like to make some of these for the living room.
Great shelving idea

And boy oh boy, what about all the projects you can make out of an old wooden pallet.  Places are begging people to take these off their hands all the time.  I have some ideas stored up for these babies.  I may even be able to get on from work!
Ideas on what you can do with pallets

Right now I am working on my Gallery Wall for the hallway.  Inspired by photos on Pinterest, of course.  Maybe I'll actually have some finished project results to share.  Normally it turns out so bad that I am too embarrassed to show them here!  Wish me luck with it!

2 comments:

Tara G. said...

I pin and now wait...next summer I'll be back to enjoy full access to craft supplies! Can't wait to see your finished projects!

Brandi said...

I LOVE the ruler chart thing. I want to get DB to help me make one. We started charting the two older boys when we moved into the house... LB was 2!!! I write it right on the laundry room wall. Now we have all the kids on there. I need to transfer it in case we ever want to move or we ever want to paint!! haha!