Thursday, October 13, 2011

By the Sea. . .

I was lucky enough to spend Fall Break doing three of my favorite things.  Spending time with my family, lying on the beach, and snapping some pictures.
I thought long and hard about naming this post "Bird Watching".  But it almost feels like I have used the title before.  I probably have.
The more we vacation at the beach, the more I realize that I am obsessed with "coastal" birds.  Or pretty much anything you see on the beach, even if it is just a log washed up on the shore.  I love taking pictures of all that stuff.
Sometimes I feel a little silly when I unwrap my camera from the gallon size Ziploc bag as if it cost a million bucks.  And then proceed to walk around taking pictures of things with my zoom lens like I am some kind of professional or something.  But I really do not care, and after a few minutes I forget that people may think I'm crazy.  How am I supposed to get better at this photography thing without tons and tons of practice?!
This time the wind happened to be in full force the whole weekend.  So I only had a small opportunity to take photos.  But I took advantage of that opportunity, and got some that I am really pleased with.
I am still learning how to work with my ISO settings.  But I was able to get some of the best sunset shots for me to date.
I even managed to get one of those birds in the sunset.  {Bliss}
This is my favorite picture, and I am linking it to Show off Your Shot with Rachel @ and then she snapped.

I am thinking about printing a few of the pictures this time to hang on the wall.  This is the one place that we can ALL say we love to be.  And I would like to see a reminder of that every day of the year.

3 comments:

Pam Bowers said...

Amazing pictures. Gorgeous! I love love the bird and sunset shot. I love all the bird shots. Great work Tina!

Brandi said...

TINA!!! Great shots! Wow! The sunset and the bird pics are FANTASTIC! Are you shooting in manual now? I was playing around with it the other day, but I just have a hard time retaining the info. I can sit down and play with it and start to learn and then it's a week before I have time to go back to it and I've forgotten what I did previously and I have to relearn. Ugh. I suppose it will sink in one day.

geetlee said...

these are some lovely shots :)
i'm new at photography too and i relate to you when you say you feel a little odd when you take out the camera.. :)
but it's all worth it, these are lovely, unique shots!