Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Home Decor Updates

It happens every year.  Every year after Christmas I get the decorating bug.  I basically want to remodel my entire home every January!  My mind is overflowing with ideas and possible projects right now.

I have started a few things that are not complete yet, but I am so excited and can't wait to share before & after pictures soon.  So far, I thought I would show a little bit of what I have done.
I got a new table for the empty space by the front door entry way.
I was planning a trip over to Mississippi to hit up the furniture warehouses and shop for a sofa table, but found this one at Lowe's.  It came with a set of buffet lamps.  The thing I loved the most about it was the price. . .$50.
It is the perfect size for the small space that I needed to fill.

I have been changing the accessories out like a mad woman.  This is what I am happy with at the moment.  I have a few of my most favorite pictures framed, and a really cute valentine basket to hold our "stuff".

And while I'm discussing my love for decorating, I thought I would give you a sneak peak into the bathroom re-do.  This is the color I have painted the guest bath.  I used a color called Rustica by Valspar, but I like to call it Texas Longhorn Orange.
I can't wait until it is done!!  Hopefully it will be completed this weekend.  The boy has just informed me that he is ready for a re-do in his room.  We have something pretty cool planned for him too.  So, I've got to get on the move with these projects and get them DONE!! 


8 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Wonderful space and decor! And 50 bucks....WOW! You are just precious, Tina! As I typed I was talking to my friend on the phone, Christine. Sorry for the misprint in my previous post. I realized it as soon as I pressed "Publish"
Thank you for stopping by Bloggeritaville.
Hope to see you next week for the big 1-0-0!
XOXO,
Leigh

Vanessa said...

Hi Tina! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a sweet comment! It is so fun meeting new folks here in blogland and I can tell from only being over here for a couple of minutes that I'm gonna like you! :-) Hope that doesn't sound creepy! LOL! I love the things you have done in your entry and I am a total mad woman too after Christmas and catch my hubby looking at tables with a puzzled expression and I know it is because there was something different there the day before. They just have to put up with our craziness, huh? :-) I hope to see much more of you and I'm following you right back!
Vanessa

Rachel said...

Oh how fun! It looks super classy and sentimental :)

And you can't beat a great deal like that!

CM said...

Wow, I love the little table and lamp...from Lowes!?! Very contempory and chic.

We painted our guest bathroom a burnt orange too.

Boys room...okay, you totally have to post pics. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my boy's room. I'm so not creative, like AT ALL!

Brandi said...

I LOOOOOOOVE that color! Can't wait to see it when it's done!

The hall table is adorable too.

Babysmartees said...

Wow, your site is beautiful and so is your home! Glad I found you on Mom Blogger.

Hope you will visit my site and like it enough to follow: www.babysmartees.blogspot.com

Happy weekend, Paula

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow that is an awesome color. Totally think Valspar should change the name :)
Love the table too. Great find.