Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blogging. . .

***WARNING  Random Rambling to follow******

Well here I am blogging with no pictures to share.  I honestly don't have any new pictures today.  I am determined to continue to blog on a more regular basis though, so here I am. . . . .keeping my promise to myself. 

We had another baseball game Monday night.  Big10 played a double Monday night, and last Thursday.  Both days one of the teams that were playing after us were missing more than one player.  In order to keep them from forfeiting, Tanner volunteered.  Of Course!!!!  He lives to play baseball.  He was more than happy to do it.  Thursday night did result in another late night for me being eaten alive by mosquitos.  Maybe I've already mentioned that?  I can't remember, I haven't been able to complain about it enough yet.

I am excited to have a lot of new followers here at my new URL.  Thanks to all the great friends I've made at MBC.  What a supportive group for mom bloggers!!  Thank you to all of my new followers!!!

So, if anyone knows how to use the "pages" feature in blogger, let me know.  I want to create one of those bars across the top of the blog that directs you to the different pages, but I can't figure out how to work the feature.  It should be pretty easy, you would think.  Also, thank you for being patient with me while I work on the layout of this blog.  Right now it is such a plain mess, but I am thinking and planning "design" ideas.  Stay tuned!!

One more new development I would like to announce is the allowance.  Yes, the kids are working diligently to earn $5 a week.  Baby G is the best, she really loves cleaning and would do it for free.  As a matter of fact, she has done it for a while just for the pure joy of it all.  Now that she has realized she can get paid for it, she has kicked it into high gear.  I have not had to wash the dishes in almost a week!!  She is AMAZING!!!  I did not even know how to wash dishes as a newly wedded 19 year old.  She will make an awesome wife and mom some day.

Now I'm off to make supper and start the bedtime process with the kids.
Enjoy the rest of your week!!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Love your site! I'm a new follower.. hope you can stop by mine and visit!
http://cindyseesit.blogspot.com/

Mama Hen said...

Thank you for visiting Mama's Little Chick! You have a great blog! I think an allowance is great to learn to save and how to spend. Come visit my blog network and join a great group of bloggers. There will be a featured blogger tomorrow. I look forward to following your blog!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlenestwork.com

Pam Bowers said...

That's awesome that Baby G likes to help you. I paid Rose for chores while she lived here and all I got was grumbling and half effort. I had to redo her work quite a few times. I think kids deserve a little something for chores. It also teaches them the value of money. Plus, it gives you the opportunity to teach them about saving and tithing.

I like the way your blog is looking. I would make changes to mine but I paid for it and want to get my money's worth out of it before I change it. I have no idea how to do the tabs. But now I'm curious and might go play around with it on my test blog. (yes, I have a test blog...such a nerd.)

Tara G. said...

Focus on the Family recently had an article about age-appropriate chores- might give you some extra ideas! :)

Brandi said...

The blog is looking great. What is MBC? My brain is in a sleep deprived fog... can't figure out what that is.

We used to do 'toy day' with the boys where they'd earn the privilege of buying a toy every payday, but we've switched to money b/c just buying them a toy didn't teach them how to save for something, etc.

Mama Hen said...

Thank you for joining Mama's Little Nestwork! Come and visit your neighbor and say hi. It is a great way to meet new bloggers. There will be a featured blogger tonight! I choose my features from the people who comment and support the most. Bloglove! Welcome to the Nestwork! You can add your button to the In the Nestwork page if you would like. Have a great day!

Mama Hen

CJ Poindexter said...

Love your Blog! Following from MBC Commentors Club. Check me out at http://killsuperwoman@blogspot.com

CJ