Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesday News

Today started out pretty good.  Nothing out of the ordinary happening with anyone in particular.  Baby G does have quite the cold, but she is dealing with it like a big girls do.  Big 10 is still getting up bright and early to head to the bus stop because it is "cool to ride the bus".
Around 4:30 I found myself getting pretty happy about my work day coming to an end. (as always)  And that is when I received the call from my panicking husband asking me where the bottle of Sting Away was.  I seriously don't know that it returned home with us after vacation, it is no where to be found.  He went on to tell me that Big 10 had been stung by 7 or 8 yellow jackets!!!!  WHAT?!?!  I really needed to be home for this!!!  Well, I don't know if you know this, but Ammonia is good for yellow jacket stings.  It is supposed to take the pain away.  And since I went on my "green" cleaning trip a while back, I had plenty of Ammonia in the laundry room.  It seemed to do the trick for a while.  He is still having a little trouble with one spot near his knee that is pretty swollen, but he is okay.  Thank goodness!!
About 20 minutes later I received another call from the hubby telling me that we have a Music Makers meeting at 6:30.   I don't know what my son does with the forms and information that he is supposed to bring to me, they must get lost on the bus or something.  Thankfully we went to the meeting though, because it was there that I found out that his after school practices start TOMORROW.  That boy!!  Also, I am very excited to share that they will be performing Aladdin this year for the fall musical.  I LOVE Aladdin!!!  The music from Aladdin is my favorite out of all of the Disney movies.  I can't wait!!!
I'm also pretty excited about volunteering to work on the set. . . . I am a dork like that!

Well, that's all we have going on for now.  Hopefully we will not receive anymore last minute information this week.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

YIKES! You had quite an eventful evening! Ouchie, ouchie! Glad he's ok. I didn't know that about the ammonia.

Pam @ Kassie's Beach said...

I think I just learned something new. Do you know how he was stung by that many yellow jackets? Scary. My husband would have done the same thing...called me!

Funny how kids don't bother telling you anything in advance. The play Aladdin would be fun!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh about the stings. That is so scary. Glad he is ok.
Can't wait to read and hear about the Aladdin musical.