Sunday, March 21, 2010

All about Big10

Lately my post have only featured babyG in all of her 6 year old glory. I thought it was about time to give an update on Big10. He has been a busy little man lately. He is currently sitting here soaking his foot in warm water with Epsom Salt. We think he may have broken his baby toe, it is solid black and swollen. Tomorrow may bring a trip to the doctor for an xray.
I have had alot of photo opportunities with him in the past week. First off, he killed his first Turkey. . .
He was bursting with excitement, and you can really see it in these smiles.
This past week was Spring Break for the kids, so we have enjoyed several games of late night basketball on our "indoor court". This game is very loud and obnoxious and it makes me crazy, but it seems harmless enough, and it makes the boys VERY happy.
The week was full of baseball practices, a practice game on Friday night, and then Jamboree day yesterday. Our 7:30pm game ended up starting at 9:30. Luckily Big10 (and babyG) had a very long nap on Saturday afternoon, the game ended at 10:45pm. Here he is waiting it out and sporting his new jersey number.
More waiting. . . . .
Playing Second base. He really loves playing first base and he was able to play there a couple of innings as well.
On the mound for the first time, he pitched the last inning. He did well, he just needs to get control of his nerves when he is pitching. I can just see it all over his face, and every so often he just shakes his head as if to say "Why am I so nervous? It's just a game. It's just a game."
The game was 2-2 for the majority of the time, we ended up losing to the Marlins 3-2.
It was a really good game though, and I was pleased at how well the boys played.
Our next game is Tuesday at 7:30pm, I am hoping that we actually start at 7:30!!!

2 comments:

Juliana said...

Tina-you must be so proud of him, these pictures are great! All the fun things I get to look forward to when Johnny (my son) grows up!

I am now following you from MBC/FFF and I hope you will come by and follow back as well!

Brandi said...

Wow! He's a busy boy! Love all the pics! The boys play ball in the house and it drives me BONKERS! Tell him I said congrats on the turkey. :)