
I honestly think I would rather pull my hair out than study with Big10!! I don't know what to do about the situation. He is
SO stubborn and he really
dislikes Science. This year Science and Grammar are the only things that we are having difficulty with, and I know it is because he is just not the least bit interested in either. Luckily he
LOVES math, and like me he
LOVES history. But Science. . . .he really just can't get it. His Science teacher at school has them take notes to study each week. The test is then taken directly from the notes. Our problem is learning the definitions of the terms that he has in his notes. Do any of you have any really good, tried & true, helpful study methods for young, uninterested nine year old boys? We have got to find a method that will be more exciting for him. Something that makes him really want to learn and understand the material.
I am desperate for help!! Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!On a happier note, Big10 is doing very well with his reading. He has been moved into the top reading group and is very proud of his progress. So am I. :)

3 comments:
Good luck and I hope someone has some tips for you. My kids do better on their own. They hate to study with me. Ugh.
When my kids need to memorize stuff I always put it into a song or a rap. we have the phone number song and our address rap (my kids are younger than Big 10). You could try that.
When my kids need to memorize stuff I always put it into a song or a rap. we have the phone number song and our address rap (my kids are younger than Big 10). You could try that.
Post a Comment