Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life ~ Favorite Go to Recipe


I am so excited to be joining in on the blog party over at Kelly's Korner this week. I have really been waiting on this one. . .this week is the week to share your favorite "go to" recipes. I can't wait to see what everyone has to share.


One of my favorite recipes, AND most simple is Chicken Salsa. I honestly don't even have a real recipe for it, it's just that easy!!


Here's what you will need:

4 boneless skinless chicken breast

1 large jar of Salsa (salsa of your choice, I prefer the mild Wal-Mart brand)

White Rice (I use Minute Rice)

Here's what you will need to do:

Okay, I said this was simple didn't I? All you have to do is get out a baking dish and put the chicken breast in. I sometimes even put them in right out of the freezer. Take your Salsa and just pour it in over the chicken breast, cover the dish, and stick it in the oven. I set the oven at 375 degrees and cook for an hour and half. Sometimes a little more if the chicken was frozen. Follow the directions on the box to make the rice.

When it is all done, just put the chicken breast on a bed of rice and put a little extra salsa, you can top this with grated cheese and it is GREAT!!



How about that? Easy peazy I tell ya!! Now, I am getting my recipe cards and going over to Kelly's to find some more good recipes!!







10 comments:

Laurie said...

Love your new blog look!! Super fab! Your recipe does sound easy! I'll have to try it sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Jenn said...

Thanks for the sweet comment! Your recipe looks easy, but so good :)I had never thought to bake chicken that way. I bet you could use a crockpot too! I think we could eat a Mexican dish every night of the week!

Have a blessed weekend!

Heather said...

this sounds so good, we love chicken too! :) so easy and less than 5 ingredients, it has to be a winner!

Katie Bug said...

Salsa chicken has been one of my go-to recipes since my husband and I were first married. We love it! I sprinkle some taco seasoning over the chicken breasts before adding the salsa. Gives it a little extra kick.

He & Me + 3 said...

Our favorite is chicken! This sounds so good.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love a good chicken recipe...
Had a free night to blog hop and enjoyed yours. Hope you will stop by new Christmas blog ...There is a great giveaway that I will draw for on Oct 1st and all you need to do to enter is comment.
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Sometimes the easiest ones are the best ones. Thanks for sharing. I would love for you to join me at diningwithdebbie.blogspot.com for Crock Pot Wednesday. Come check it out.

Ashley said...

Cute blog!
This sounds marvelous and so easy(an extra bonus!) Thank you for sharing!

Sherri said...

Great recipe:) I need new chicken recipes. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Myra @ My Blessed Life said...

This sounds yummy and SO easy! I love that!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my recipe post!

Have a great day!!

Myra @ Happy Housewife Living Life