Sunday, September 20, 2009

I ♥ Holiday decor!!!!




I am linking up for the Fall parties over at Southern Hospitality, and DIY Showoff. Go check them out!!!





Yesterday babyG and I started the fall/Halloween decorating. We had daddy get our decorations out of the attic for us to sort through. And we also made a quick trip to the Dollar tree to pick up a few things. I could seriously spend hundreds of dollars in the Dollar Tree. That's how they get you, it's just crazy!


Here is a picture of our front door wreath. I made this wreath last year and I still really like it. I do wish it was a little bigger, and I may move it to a larger wreath and add some more fall foliage, not sure yet. I am certain that I will move this inside at the end of September and replace it with a Halloween wreath. I have seen a cute wreath that I want to duplicate for the Halloween door.

Inside we put out a few fall arrangements in the living room that I am really liking. We just painted the room this deep gold in the spring, so this is the first time I have seen it mixed with the fall colors, and I am LOVING it!! This arrangement is on top of the chifferobe to the right as you come in the front door.


Here is the fall mantle. I added another arrangement, a cute little pumpkin, and some votive candle holders.

I already had this container, I just added some fall foliage that I picked up at the Dollar Tree. I also got the pretty ribbon at the Dollar Tree. And do you want to know where I got the fall candle holders? Yeah, the Dollar Tree again! Have I already mentioned how much I love the fall colors against the gold wall?

Finally a peek at one piece of Halloween decor in the kitchen. I have a plan for the "dining area" that I think will be really cute. That is if I can transfer the idea from my mind to reality.
Stay tuned to see how the kitchen turns out. And lets see if I can work in the spooky stuff with the fall stuff. Wish me luck!!



16 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Gorgeous. I love Fall decor. I wish I had it in me to decorate like lots of people for each season. I am so bad at managing my time for that. Grrr. Maybe you all will inspire me this season. Keep the decorations coming.

Nicole @ BugaBoos said...

Love all the fall decorations! Beautiful! I so love fall!!

Brandi said...

I remember your decorations from last year. Will you just come and do mine? Pretty please with sugar on top??? ;)

this blessed nest said...

always so fun to decorate for the seasons! i love that sign, too. i got a halloween sign the other day as well.

let me know if you make the spooky spider trees. would love to see yours. thanks for visiting the Nest. i did some more decorating...i just posted it. let me know what you think!

happy first week of fall. love it!

Martha's Favorites said...

I love to decorate for Halloween and it's time, yeah! Thanks for the little push to get me started. Blessings to you and yours, Martha

Rachel said...

Okay - you are too WITH IT... I go all out for Christmas and I'm exhausted enough to want to leave it up through St. Patrick's Day :)

And I LOVE your wonderful paint selection - perfect with the fall colors!

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Don't you just love the Dollar Tree? That sign is so cute :).

marie said...

Great decorations ~ isn't the $ Tree a great source for cute stuff!
Love the bat motel sign.

Alicia said...

Your walls do look gorgeous, love the color. I love the fall candle holders. I'm going to have to stop at dollar tree tomorrow.

Happy fall and please stop by and say hello.

Becca said...

I love a fall home!!!Thanks for joining in on the fun!! I love your bat motel sign!!!

Marie said...

Hello sweet Tina - thank you for sharing your Fall inspiration with us! My fave is that bat motel sign. It made me giggle!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

The DIY Show Off said...

So festive! Great job! I need that bat motel sign - we have bats in the attic! Freaks me out. haha.

Thanks so much for joining the Fall Festival! :)

Roeshel

Sheri said...

Eeek Bats in the attic at DIY!!!

Love your fall decor! Thanks for linking to me!

pk @ Room Remix said...

I love the way your little touches warm everything up. That Bat Motel sign is just too funny. Love it.
pk @ room remix

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Bat motel!!! TOo funny!

Cindy said...

Such festive fall things! I love that bat motel sign (hope it's just a joke, though, because I soooo wouldn't *really* want bats in my house at Halloween or anytime) :o)
peace, cindy
(ps...would love to have you stop by my place for my first giveaway!)