Sunday, June 14, 2009

Thrifty Treasures

It looks like Rhoda is getting an early start today for her Thrifty Treasures Party!!
This week I am very proud of my thrifty finds. I was casually chatting via email with my sil and I mentioned that I am collecting white platters/dishes these days. She then told me that her mom has TONS!! She tried to give them all to my sil, but she would not take them due to lack of storage space (and lack of interest!!). I was so excited!! It ended up that she had a whole box of white ironstone platters that I just loved. We think some of these date back as far as the 1800's.
Does this sound like a Thrifty Jack Pot or what!!??!
Here are the platters that I chose. I got these for $1.00 each. I have not finished cleaning them all up yet, but when I am done I am going to display them above my kitchen cabinets.
I have added a couple of the smaller white ones to my china cabinet display.

This pretty white one is my favorite. I LOVE the shape of it!!


This cute black tray was just an added bonus. My brother and sister and law were cleaning out a room and she gave this tray to me! The best treasures are FREE, right? I am not really loving the flowers, any ideas on what I should do with this? Maybe spray paint?? In person it has a really glossy finish. It actually looks better in this photo!!
Well, thanks for coming over to view my thrifty finds!!! Now head on back over to Rhoda's and check everyone else out!
Y'all have a great week!

19 comments:

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Wow, you definitely hit the jackpot with those pretty plates, Lucky you!!

ellen b. said...

Oh girl! What a great day for you! These are really fabulous! Enjoy....

Kathi said...

Your plates are beautiful! What a nice collection. I love that tray just as it is! So vintage! It would look nice over your cabinets too! Or over mine! :)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Yes! Free is good. :)
Glenda

marmielu said...

Wow! All those platters at one sitting! Great stuff.
You could always spray paint the tray and then decoupage it with something more to your liking. (But you have probably already thought of that!)
Mary Lou

~~Carol~~ said...

Always a good idea to tell everyone you know what you are interested in, because look at the result: lots of white dishes for you! That tray is gorgeous, but you could spray paint it and then decoupage it. Or pass it along to someone who would like it!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Tina, Great ironstone pieces! You definetely did hit the jackpot! :) ~Rhonda

Rhonda said...

Oh yes...Free is the way to go! ;o)

Fab finds!

Jadehollow said...

Tina.. Those are awesome! I bet they'll look wonderful above your cabinets.. can't wait to see them displayed.

sara@augustfields said...

okay....yay for you!!! those stoneware plates are great :)

Brandi said...

Cool beans! Very nice platters! Scott's supposed to yard sale with me next weekend!

The Tattered Cottage said...

How wonderful for you...those platters are gorgeous and I really like the one you picked as a favorite. Such pretty detail on the edges.
Toni

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Hi Tina,

Best things in life are free as the saying goes! Those ironstone platters are too fabulous! And so many in one haul! Wonderful!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Kelli said...

Beautiful finds!!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Tina, you lucky girl! Those are gorgeous white platters and FREE too, can't beat that with a stick. :)

foxxy said...

Wow you got a lot of plates. Pretty ones too. can't wait to see what you do with them.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I surely do love those plates and platters - what a treat! Linda

Susie Q said...

Pretty plates and hello, tray? Chalkboard!

Kelli said...

Can't wait to see the plates' new home!! Fabulous!