Thursday, April 30, 2009

Show us Where You Life Friday - Kitchen Tour

Today is "Show us where you live Friday" kitchen tours over at Kelly's Korner Blog. I love Kelly's blog. I have been following it for quite some time. It is real & fun. I am really exited about this because I am in the process of redecorating my kitchen. Actually, I have never really completed decorating it in the first place!! But, hopefully I will be able to "tour" alot of kitchens this weekend and fish for good decorating ideas. Also, at the bottom of this post, you will get to view the results of my project from Thursday.


For now, I would like to Welcome you into my kitchen!! It's not alot, but it'll do! Enjoy your "tour"!!


Well, this is not the best picture I have ever taken. It is totally off center.
This is one of my favorite word signs in the house. (I have a bunch!!) It says:
"Home is where your story begins"

I really like the bay window, but think I could possibly come up with some better window treatments. But I need help/ideas on this. This picture also has a good view of my new corner shelf that I blogged about yesterday. It is still empty. What on earth am I going to put on that thing???

This pictures gives a good view of the table runner that I am sewing. I am not done, I still need to add some decorative trim to each end. I really like the fabric though.


This is what the side of my fridge looks like at the moment. This is real life folks! With two kids, I have alot to keep up with. I need to do a clean up here. Maybe after school is out!



My favorite thing can be seen in this picture. Paper Plates!!!
And a little more kid jumbo on the fridge.

Counter, stove/microwave, cabinet area. . . . not much going on here.


I really love my china cabinet, it has a bit of a rustic country feel.


I have been looking for an antique kitchen scale like this for quite some time. I found this for $12 at the little antique/thrift shop I found. I love it and think it looks great on the china cabinet.


Ahhh. . . . Thursday's project. It turned out okay. I really like it, even though a few moments after this picture was taken, it fell to the floor. I guess I am going to have to find a better way to attach the ribbon!



I hope you enjoyed stepping into my kitchen! Have a great weekend!!









7 comments:

Jennie said...

Very cute kitchen! I, too, love little signs like the one you have! I have them in different rooms in my house.

Morgan said...

I love the color and I soo want that chef holding the chalk board. So cute.

Anna said...

Enjoyed the tour!

Creekmore's said...

Love the colors. We have the same chandaler. I don't have it in my kitchen post b/c it's in my dinning room. But I have it in some of my Easter post. Funny.

Brandi said...

I love the scale you found and the "Home" sign is cute. Did you get that at Hobby Lobby?

Ash and Toby said...

I love the color of your kitchen! Reminds me of my previous home, chair molding and all!! I also like the iron circle hanging by the table! I have one, too! Girl, you have great taste! Thanks for sharing!

Ashley said...

I love the green color and the antique scale...so cute! Thanks for letting us see!

www.lifeofashleylancaster.blogspot.com