Monday, May 2, 2016

Tanner is Sixteen

Tanner is SIXTEEN! 
On April 26, 2000,  just a few short years ago, this boy made me a mom.  People always tell you how fast kids grow up, it is SO TRUE.  Painfully true.

I want time to slow down or just freeze, and at the same time I am so proud to watch this baby boy grow into a young man.  He may tend to have a smart mouth, be really annoying, and aggravate the mess out of his sister, but I love him just the way he is.

He woke up bright and early on Tuesday the 26th and went with his dad to the DMV to take his drivers test.  He made a 96/100.  And just like that he's a licensed driver!
He took the test in my car rather than his truck simply because it's easier to park.
 

After the test, the boys dropped by and switched vehicles with me at the office.
Then he was off on his own for the first time headed to school.  Bobby was so sweet to take pictures of his first time out.  He knows me well.  And I think he may have been feeling the ache a little himself.
It is so scary to let them go out on there own.  The emotions are overwhelming. 
 

And there he goes.
 

The birthday boy requested breakfast for dinner, so we headed out to Ihop and met his Nana and Paw Paw for some chicken and waffles.
 

 

Gray wanted a picture with him so bad on his birthday, but I could not get him to cooperate no matter what I said or did.  I am hoping that this phase of being mean to his little sister will pass quickly.
 

 

Tanner,
You bring such joy to our family.  You are so funny.  Currently you are going through Spring Training with the football team for the first time.  Junior year is right around the corner, so it looks like you will keep us busy on Friday nights this fall.  I can't wait!  You are so excited to finally be able to drive, and just go over to your friends houses to hang out or play basketball.  You do a lot of really annoying impersonations, and have these crazy voices that you use that make us all absolutely insane.  You love to fish, and would go every single day if you had the time.  You have several yards that you are cutting this Summer to earn a little extra money.  And you are doing a great job so far.
I love you so much Tanner Ryan!
You are my sunshine. :)


Xoxo,
Tina

No comments: