Maybe you did not know we were away from home? Last Wednesday we left town to go to the beach for a little mini vacation.
On Wednesday we were expecting severe weather, so we were a little worried about the drive. We opted to leave before the weather was expected to hit. When we were about an hour from home we watched the news via the IPhone as they captured on camera the tornado that came right through the city of Tuscaloosa. Even after seeing it on film, I had no idea how devastating the aftermath would be. We live north of Tuscaloosa, so we had no damage at our home. {PTL} But the business I work at is just a little to the right of one of the hardest hit areas, so we will be working out of our Birmingham location until further notice. The damage to the store is substantial, but not hardly as bad as it could have been. I am so thankful that are family is safe, and that we had a home to return to.
Disasters like this really help you to put things in perspective. What a reminder of how GREAT our God is!! I am so thankful for all of my blessings!!
I saw a picture tweeted today where a page from the Bible was found stuck to a tree. . . .Psalm 121. . . .
I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD watches over you—
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
the LORD is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
he will watch over your life;
the LORD will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
With all that has happened around my home in the past few days, I hardly think that was a coincidence. It seems more like a little bread crumb, a reminder that God is with us, and he is good ALL THE TIME!!
Remember to keep all the people in Alabama that have been affected by the storms in your prayers. Each prayer is greatly needed during this time!!
Thank y'all!!
4 comments:
I'm so glad y'all are ok. It's heartbreaking to watch the news... more so because I know that area. Sucks about your office and driving to B'ham. Thank goodness you weren't there when the storm hit, though.
Wow girl. I didn't know you lived so close to where the storms were. I'm so glad you were safe and your house wasn't affected. Praise God!
Lovely vacation pictures. I love the east coast beaches. Your kids change so much each time you post new pictures. Tell them to stay babies for a little while longer.
So thankful that you all are alright. I have been wondering about all my blogging friends in the areas that were hit.
That is no coincidence...the AWESOME power of God.
Beautiful pictures and so glad you're safe!
Post a Comment