Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Challenge ~ Adding Tender Moments


For those of you who have been following my progress in the Making Your Home a Haven challenge, I'm back with another task.  This weeks challenge is to add tender moments with my family.  This part of the challenge is coming at the perfect time for me.  The husband has actually been in Nebraska (of all places) since last Wednesday.  He will be returning home on Tuesday night, and we are all ready for him to be back.  The baby girl and I will be doing some cuddling with dad on Tuesday night, and maybe play a game or watch a movie together.  However, Big10 is leaving tomorrow morning for Camp with his school and he will not return until Wednesday.  But I can assure you, when he returns and we are all together again, it is going to be great!!  I'm not sure what we will do yet, but I am going to plan something special for us.  With Halloween coming up, we will have some special family activities going on over the weekend already.

Let me give you a quick update on my other challenges.  The candles are still burning!!  I have been through the candles, do they make "slow burn" candles?  That is what I need!  Also, last weeks declutter challenge was a success.  My laundry room has not been clean in FOREVAH!!  But I can actually see the floor again.
I hope you all have a great week.  Try adding some special moments with your husband and kiddos this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No kidding about those candles, huh, Tina? I've had some better success with the Yankee Candles and have managed to find some scents that are not stifling (Harvest is currently burning).

Best of times for you and your family as you move in and out of your week together!
Patty

Sharon Cohen said...

Great job with the challenges and I understand about the candles! I bought a lot of jar candles and pillar candles at yard sales a few years ago. I've been going through my stash pretty quick though!

Holly @SurvivingOnAShoestring said...

I've had luck with the Yankee Candles as well... The large seems to burn for-e-ver. Right now I have the apple cider scent and it's wonderful!