Friday, April 16, 2010

Alabama History

I'm not sure why it has taken me so long to get this post up!! Big10 went on the fourth grade field trip to Montgomery to visit the capitol last week. I was unable to go with him on the trip, I was actually home with Gracyn, she had a terrible virus. However, his dad did make the trip with him and they had a great time. I was very proud of the hubby for getting some good pictures. I think he may have just copied what all the mom's were doing, but that is okay with me!!!
I think this is a good one of Big10 and his BFF/neighbor/classmate C. They have been friends for many years now, and boy are they growing up!
Dad & Big10 both agreed that lunch was by far the best part of the day. They actually went for a ride on the riverboat below and had lunch on board the boat.

I would have never thought Big10 would be one to take a self portrait. He normally hates taking pictures, but look at this!! I ♥ those little freckles! {That's the only thing he gets from me.}

I can't believe that this school year is almost over. They just have a few weeks left. This one has really flown by. This boy will soon be a fifth grader in his last year of elementary school. And he is turning 10 in just a little more than a week. . . .10!!!

2 comments:

junkermidge said...

Wow, that sounds like such a fun field trip for the kids. Too bad you couldn't go, but I think it's neat that your husband was able and willing to step in. I bet it was a great time together -- they do grow up fast.
Midge

jeanette_huston@yahoo.com said...

I am following you from MBC.

Jeanette Huston
http://www.mommyblessingsinsmallbundles.com/