Thursday, July 30, 2009

Heirloom Party

****Edit~I am entering an older post over at Emma calls me Mama, I do not have any new heirlooms to share, but feel like these goodies are worth sharing again!! Enjoy****
Happy Friday!! This week I am joining the heirloom party @ Emma calls me Mama.
I was so excited when I heard about the heirloom party because I have very recently inherited some family heirlooms from my mom. I have blogged about a couple of the new things, but I thought it would be great to combine them all here in one post for the party!!
Let's start with my new (gently used family) china. It is mostly still packed in the box, but I definitely have 8 place settings, possibly 12. I can't really remember. But I really like it and can't wait to get it all cleaned up and on display in my china cabinet!!
Here's a closeup of the detailing.

I also received this lovely silver tea set. I blogged about this stuff weeks ago, and YES, it still looks like this. I have not had a chance to sit down and shine this stuff. When I do, I'll share an after picture with you.


Last but not least, the chifferobe. I have wanted to have this in my home for as long as I can remember. This was in my mom's home when she was growing up. I remember that she would tell me the story of how she would hide in the door compartment from her older step brother & sister. I think they were pretty mean to her as a child! Bless her
! Two nights ago, my kids were playing hide & seek and Big10 opened the door up to take a look, but then decided on another spot! How about that, I guess that little door just looks inviting to children!

Originally I just kind of crammed this baby into the corner as you can see in the picture above.

Thankfully, after a little rearranging I have the chifferobe in place and I it!!
If you have linked over from Emma calls me Mama, thanks for stopping by!!
I'll be by your place soon!
If you are just one of the sweet, awesome regulars, you should go check out the others that have linked up!!
Have a great weekend!



40 comments:

ChesterAndDonkey said...

Oh my GOSH, I love that tea set!!! To die for! What pattern is the china? It looks familiar.

Stacey said...

Hi there. You are so lucky to receive those gorgeous pieces from your mom. I love that china! The colors are timeless, aren't they? That chifferobe is awesome too.

Thanks for coming to visit me.

The Starr Family said...

Gorgeous chifferobe, it has such charm to it! It seems like a perfect place to keep other treasures!

Jennifer Froh said...

Everything is so lovely! Thanks for sharing them with us :)

katillacshack.com said...

The chifferobe is great! Love the design and wood....

thanks for sharing!

E said...

Love that! That's so beautiful!

Feel free to check out my brand new blog at: http://oopsicraftmypants.blogspot.com/

Porch Days said...

Isn't it wonderful to have family treasures? We all have to teach our children to appreciate them.

Sares said...

What a beautiful piece of furniture! What was it's original purpose for? To store clothing, I'm a bit clueless about old furniture. It looks great in your living room. Your china is very pretty also and I can NEVER have too many silver pieces! Thanks for sharing everything and have a loveleigh evening.

Sares @
Loveleigh Treasures

Marie said...

Hello Tina - thank you for joining the party! You have some beautiful heirlooms. The china pattern is so pretty. And the silver tea set is fabulous just like it is! Of course I prefer silver tarnished. =) And the chifferobe is really neat. I love the wood grain pattern. And how fun to hide in! Like Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe! Such a beautiful piece.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Gwen said...

How cute that they were going to hide in there just like your mom did.

gayla said...

beautiful things! i love that furniture piece!

marianedwardsdreamweaver said...

lovely treasures indeed..i ssoo want that sweet little wardrobe, it's adorable!!

Kdottie Designs said...

Great post - it is all so beautiful!

Candace said...

Your china pattern is very similar to my mom's pattern, which is packed away in our attic.

Love your chiffrobe! What a gorgeous piece.

Claudia said...

The china and the tea set are lovely! I love the word, chifferobe, don't you? Yours is fantastic - and the story about your Mom hiding inside it makes it priceless. Thanks so much for sharing your pieces.

Rue said...

Hi Tina :)

You're the lucky recipient of some beautiful pieces! I especially love the chifferobe, not only because it's beautiful but also because of that so sweet story :)

Thank you for your sweet comment!

rue

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am visiting via Hooked on Houses. It is such fun to see your treasures.

Please drop by and enter my giveaway.

Have a blessed weekend!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

I have the same dish set! It is so pretty. Love the chifferobe cabinet, and yes it would be a perfect place to hide! Your kids are adorable too!

Debbie

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Such beautiful treasures! My grandmother had a chifferobe very much like yours. It lives with my aunt now to be passed in her family. I enjoyed seeing yours.

Marina Capano said...

Nice to meet you!
Cute treasure!!
I love them!
you´re invited to my post party!

trish said...

Such pretty china and a gorgeous piece of furniture! :o)

Jane said...

Such beautiful china! The silver tea service is pretty, too. Love the chifferobe! Great treasures!

Jane

Tricia said...

Oh! Be still my heart. That chifferobe is gorgeous! What a fantastic piece to pass through the family. Lucky you!

Caleen said...

I love your treasures. The china is beautiful.. The tea service is to die for.. I love tea sets.. I also love the chifferobe.. That is a beautiful piece of furniture.. Love that you enjoy it now. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely weekend

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I am enjoying seeing everyone's heirlooms. I love the chifferobe the best (never heard of that word before, but I love it).

The Beauty Bargainista said...

my mom used to have a tea set that looked JUST like that...in fact, I think I have it packed away in my garage somewhere...makes me want to go hunt for it! :)

Rona's Home Page said...

I've always wanted a tea set. It's amazing how expensive they are.

Candy said...

Beautiful piece in deed. And a place of safety for your mom. Thanks for sharing.

Anna See said...

What treasures! I love the idea of your kiddos enjoying the same chifferobe you did.

Jane said...

That is a sweet story! Glad those items are in a loving home!

blushing rose said...

Your Chiffarobe is absolutely fabulous. TY for sharing. TTFN ~Marydon

Lo said...

nice china! Sets like those cost hundreds of dollars!! Love the chiffarobe too!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What wonderful treasures! I love the cabinet, the china and the tea set. Thank you for sharing and please stop by and visit me. Have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

daylily777 said...

Hi,
Such wonderful heirlooms. I love the china!;-)
~Myrna

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Your wardrobe is simply lovely. Great heirlooms!!

Blessings!
Gail

sarah said...

Such beautiful dishes, I love the sweet detail and color!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Very nice heirlooms, pretty dishes, and beautiful tea set! I enjoyed the stories as well!

Katherine

Vintage Junky said...

Oh I love your adore your tea set! So lovely!

SMiles!
Michelle

Marie said...

Hello Tina - oh my, I know I've commented about your treasures before, but looking at them again made me swoon! I just love that chifferobe. Fabulous.

Thank you for joining me for the party!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

randee said...

that chifferobe is beautiful. now your children can remember hiding in it when they are grown.

& i'm sure the silver set will look amazing when you polish it.