Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Today's lunch lead me to another visit to the local thrift store. I came home with this small group of goodies. This cute little sconce has a place for a small plate, so I found the burgundy saucer that will look great in my living room area!! I am planning to paint the sconce black first, I will have an "after" picture to share by the weekend. I also love this iron bird bowl. I plan to put a little bird nest w/eggs inside. How cute!!

I am not really sure what this is. Do any of you know? And do any of you have any ideas of how I should use this?? Maybe I should not have purchased it, but I thought with a little cleaning it could be pretty cute somewhere. I would appreciate any suggestions on this one.

Well, that's it for my thrifty finds for this wonderful Thursday. I spent a whopping $5 this time, this type of shopping fits nicely into my budget!!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

TB, I'm not sure but that silver thing looks like one of those dishes you put out on a buffet that keeps food warm. I'll have the Chef look at it . . . I'm sure he'd know. Living room looks great by the way. Can you come and clean mine?

the undomesticated wife said...

I think I'd use it on the patio...put ice and drinks in it for summer get-togethers. (if it's big enough...hard to tell by the picture).